use of Finder class

Gan123
Hi,

       i am new to restlet, just started exploring on this. please tell me the use of Finder class in restlet. how is it different from Router class?

Re: use of Finder class

Rhett Sutphin
Hi,
On Nov 17, 2008, at 12:47 AM, Gan123 wrote:

>       i am new to restlet, just started exploring on this. please
> tell me
> the use of Finder class in restlet. how is it different from Router
> class?

Finders and Routers are both types of Restlets.  A Router maps from a
URI to some (singleton) Restlet.  A Finder is a Restlet which
instantiates (non-singleton) Resource instances to handle incoming
requests.

To put it another way*, a Router points to a Finder and a Finder
points to a Resource.

Rhett

*This is a simplification -- a Router can point to any kind of
Restlet, not just Finders.