unicode character in (disposition) headers

unicode character in (disposition) headers

Arjohn Kampman-2
Hi all,

Restlet doesn't seem to support the encoding and decoding of non-ascii
characters in http headers; at least not with the 2.2.3 release that
we're using. The encoding of such characters is covered by RFC 5987 and
RFC 6266. Is this already supported by 2.3.1? If not, any chance it can
be added? I'm specifically looking for a way to encode non-ascii
filenames in Content-Disposition headers. An overview of browser support
for this encoding can be found at http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231/.

Regards,

Arjohn Kampman

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3110367

Re: unicode character in (disposition) headers

Jerome Louvel-3
Hi Arjohn,

Sorry for the delay. I don't think we support this in version 2.3 either.
I've entered this issue to keep track of this RFE:

In case you want to give this a try, the header parsing logic is located here:

Best,
Jerome

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Arjohn Kampman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Restlet doesn't seem to support the encoding and decoding of non-ascii
characters in http headers; at least not with the 2.2.3 release that
we're using. The encoding of such characters is covered by RFC 5987 and
RFC 6266. Is this already supported by 2.3.1? If not, any chance it can
be added? I'm specifically looking for a way to encode non-ascii
filenames in Content-Disposition headers. An overview of browser support
for this encoding can be found at http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231/.

Regards,

Arjohn Kampman

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3110367

Re: unicode character in (disposition) headers

Arjohn Kampman-2
Thanks Jerome. I'll see if I can come up with a patch when time allows.

--
Arjohn Kampman
Vound, LLC

This email and its attachment are private. The sender does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.