Using ClientConnector on GAE

alexh
Prior to 2.2-RC1 we were able to use ClientResource correctly on App Engine with the .gae extension dependencies. However, we are no longer able to do so and receive a client connector error regarding the HTTP and HTTPS protocol jar being missing. Is this intended behavior? From the build notes these classes were to be included in the core jar.

Even with the simplest hello world example and using the .gae extension insead of .jse this issue is reproducible.

Mar 19, 2014 1:38:24 PM org.restlet.engine.Engine createHelper
WARNING: No available client connector supports the required protocols: 'HTTP' . Please add the JAR of a matching connector to your classpath.
Mar 19, 2014 1:38:24 PM org.restlet.resource.ClientResource retry
INFO: A recoverable error was detected (1002), attempting again in 2000 ms.
Mar 19, 2014 1:38:26 PM org.restlet.resource.ClientResource retry
INFO: A recoverable error was detected (1002), attempting again in 2000 ms.
Exception in thread "main" Internal Connector Error (1002) - No available client connector supports the required protocol: 'HTTP'. Please add the JAR of a matching connector to your classpath.
        at org.restlet.resource.ClientResource.doError(ClientResource.java:599)
        at org.restlet.resource.ClientResource.handleInbound(ClientResource.java:1165)
        at org.restlet.resource.ClientResource.handle(ClientResource.java:1060)
        at org.restlet.resource.ClientResource.handle(ClientResource.java:1035)
        at org.restlet.resource.ClientResource.handle(ClientResource.java:937)
        at org.restlet.resource.ClientResource.get(ClientResource.java:645)

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3074844

Re: Using ClientConnector on GAE

Jerome Louvel-3
Alex,

In 2.2 RC1, we replaced the internal connector in org.restlet by the org.restlet.ext.net extension which should work fine with GAE.

It is possible that some regression occured in the GAE distribution. I've entered this issue to fix this before 2.2.0:

Best,