Restlets in both https and http at the same time

Restlets in both https and http at the same time

Xavier Méhaut
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to have at the same time both HTTPS and HTTP access to the same restlets?
The use case is the following :
my restlet server (not into a servlet container) must be access locally and remotely ; I would like locally to access it in HTTP, and remotely in HTTPS...
regards
Xavier

Re: Restlets in both https and http at the same time

StephanKoo
I think you only have to ensure that connectors for both protocols are available, add the protocoll to your server, and everythink should work fine.

best regards
   Stephan

Neu: WEB.DE De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: https://produkte.web.de/go/demail02

RE: Restlets in both https and http at the same time

jlouvel
Administrator

Hi Xavier,

This is definitely possible, just declare two server connectors, one with the Protocol.HTTP value and the other with Protocol.HTTPS and the required configuration parameters. Of course, they’ll listen on separate ports (80 and 443 by default). Both connectors will route calls to the default virtual host, but you can define custom virtual hosts to restrict what requests are matched and what Restlets/resources to attach.

Restlet ~ Founder and Technical Lead ~
http://www.restlet.o​rg
Noelios Technologies ~
http://www.noelios.com