Restlet 1.1.1 released

jlouvel
Administrator
Noelios Papier à lettres
Hi all,

To fix an annoying regression in 1.1.0 with the Servlet extension on Windows, we had to release a corrective version quicker than expected. Thanks to Brian E. Williams for reporting this.

Download links:

Best regards,
Jérôme Louvel
--
Restlet ~ Founder and Lead developer ~
http://www.restlet.org

Re: Restlet 1.1.1 released

StephanKoo
Hi,

one the download site Restlet 1.1.1 is marked as testing. Is this planned?

best regards
   Stephan

Jerome Louvel schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> To fix an annoying regression in 1.1.0 with the Servlet extension on
> Windows, we had to release a corrective version quicker than expected.
> Thanks to Brian E. Williams for reporting this.
>
> Download links:
> http://www.restlet.org/downloads/1.1/restlet-1.1.1.exe
> http://www.restlet.org/downloads/1.1/restlet-1.1.1.zip
>
> Best regards,
> Jérôme Louvel
> --
> Restlet ~ Founder and Lead developer ~ http://www.restlet.org
> <http://www.restlet.org/>
> Noelios Technologies ~ Co-founder ~ http://www.noelios.com
> <http://www.noelios.com/>

Re: Restlet 1.1.1 released

Avi Flax
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 13:08, Stephan Koops <[hidden email]> wrote:

one the download site Restlet 1.1.1 is marked as testing. Is this planned?

I was just wondering this myself. Shouldn't 1.0.11 be relabeled as an "archived" version at this point, and 1.1.X as "stable"?

Re: Restlet 1.1.1 released

Lars Heuer
Hi Jérôme,

[...]
> Download links:
> http://www.restlet.org/downloads/1.1/restlet-1.1.1.exe
> http://www.restlet.org/downloads/1.1/restlet-1.1.1.zip

I wonder if it has been discussed before, but imo it would be nice if
the Restlet libs would have the version number encoded in the name,
like several extension have already (reflecting the version of the
underlying lib).

I.e.:
     org.restlet-1.1.1.jar
     com.noelios.restlet-1.1.1.jar

Best regards,
Lars
http://www.semagia.com

RE: Restlet 1.1.1 released

jlouvel
Administrator

Hi all,

The tagging of our releases is based on Debian policy (http://www.debian.org/releases/). We recommend:
 - Restlet 1.0 (stable) for production systems
 - Restlet 1.1 (testing) for new developments or people ready to upgrade frequently to get fixes
 - Restlet 1.2 (unstable) for Restlet developers or people wanting to leave on the edge with new features

We will only consider 1.1 'stable' when is has had a few corrective versions and when 1.2 RC1 will be released.

This may seem too conservative, but for example 1.1.0 contained a regression in the Servlet extension for Windows, so it wasn't really ready for production.

Best regards,
Jérôme Louvel
--
Restlet ~ Founder and Lead developer ~
http://www.restlet.org
Noelios Technologies ~ Co-founder ~ http://www.noelios.com

RE: Restlet 1.1.1 released

jlouvel
Administrator

Hi Lars,

There are pros and cons. The pros is what you mentioned, the cons is that
upgrading is not just a copy/paste/replace action but might require
adjustment of classpath configuration files.

There is also the MANIFEST.MF file inside the JARs that should let you find
out exactly which version you are using.

Best regards,
Jérôme Louvel