Re: 1.1.0 & maven

Mauro Talevi
Hello Thierry,

Thierry Boileau wrote:
> Hello Vincent,
>
> the public maven repository is updated twice a month (see
> http://www.restlet.org/downloads/maven).
> So, release 1.1.0 will be available on the 1st of november.

If you can't update it more frequently - e.g. day - wouldn't it more
user friendly to update it after every release?

Say, you publish a release on the 16th of the month - it would not be
available for 2 weeks.

BTW:  is there a technical reason why synching is not done more often?
Also, have you considered synching your repo to the Maven Central repo
directly?  It's surprisingly simple to do and avoids the hassle of
having to declare an additional repo for the developers.

Cheers

RE: 1.1.0 & maven

jlouvel
Administrator

Hi Mauro,

There is no technical reason for the Maven refresh being done twice a month.
This is a policy decided to encourage users to subscribe to our support
plans:
http://www.noelios.com/products/support

However, when a major security issue is fixed, we usually push the new
version immediately in the public repository. I hope it does sound like a
reasonable balance.

We did considered Maven central repo, see previous threads in the list for
details.

Best regards,
Jérôme Louvel
--