RESTlet and Spring

Laura MOCANU
Greetings,

        First of all, thank you for your great project!
We are using Restlet in our company for a testing REST web service. We
have problems with the lack of documentation. Could you provide some
complete samples( for integrating spring with restlet) ?
We must use spring with restlet. All daos and pojos are outside of
project within a jar.
I didn't find how to get a dao bean using a SpringContext (configuration
xml file is settled into web.xml, so no need to initialize a spring
context using ClassPathXmlApplicationContext).

I've got  the SpringContext like that
*SpringContext springContext = new SpringContext(getContext());*

into the application class ( it extends org.restlet.Application).

Could you tell me if this is the right way? Because I can not get any
bean using the context like that. I receive an Exception
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean
named 'bean_name' is defined, for any "bean_name" that I use, although
beans are correctly defined into the db jar.

I have read
http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@.../msg01069.html,
and expected the link

http://www.mihir.co.uk/downloads/rest.zip to work, but it doesn't. I am
using now a snapshot version of Restlet 1.1.

Thank you,
MOCANU Laura

Re: RESTlet and Spring

Thierry Boileau
Hello Laura,

we are completing the documentation in a wiki (wiki.restlet.org) which is accessible under the link "User Guide" from the "table of contents" of the Restlet 1.1 documentation page (http://www.restlet.org/documentation/1.1/).
In the search field, just looks for "Spring".
You will find some explanation and some sample code. Obviously, since there are several ways to integrate with Spring, we have to add more sample code, but at least it should give you a hand.

Restlet ~ Core developer ~ http://www.restlet.org
Noelios Technologies ~ Co-founder ~ http://www.noelios.com