RE: vert.x

Pieter Martin
Hi,

Is a http connector for using restlet inside http://vertx.io/ something
that would be considered?

Thanks
Pieter

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3058658

Re: vert.x

Jerome Louvel-3
Hi Pieter,

As long as it brings value compared to the existing Jetty and Simple connectors, in term of scalability and throughput for example, then it definitely makes sense.

The issue with extension is that they need to be documented and maintained on the long run, so it needs to really make a difference :)

2013/6/20 Pieter Martin <[hidden email]>
Hi,

Is a http connector for using restlet inside http://vertx.io/ something
that would be considered?

Thanks
Pieter

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3058658

Re: vert.x

Pieter Martin
Hi,

My interest in the vert.x connector is not so much in the http connector itself as in being able to use the Restlet api inside of a vert.x environment. Similar to how I can now use restlet inside a JEE environment.

My ideal situation is to be able to write my rest resources in Restlet and deploy it in any environment. Be it simple/jetty/tomcat/grizzly or now vert.x.

It is vert.x build in support for WebSockets and SockJs that is making me, in particular, interested in using it.

Thanks
Pieter

On 21/06/2013 03:26, Jerome Louvel wrote:
Hi Pieter,

As long as it brings value compared to the existing Jetty and Simple connectors, in term of scalability and throughput for example, then it definitely makes sense.

The issue with extension is that they need to be documented and maintained on the long run, so it needs to really make a difference :)

2013/6/20 Pieter Martin <[hidden email]>
Hi,

Is a http connector for using restlet inside http://vertx.io/ something
that would be considered?

Thanks
Pieter

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3058658

Your personal email. Anytime, anywhere.
Ridiculously affordable at $19.95. No contracts.
http://www.getpeek.com/lavabit.html

Re: vert.x

Jerome Louvel-3
Hi Pieter,

Thanks again for your feed-back. Based on additional input, I've decided to add Vert.x support in Restlet Framework 2.3 road map!

See this specific RFE issue as well:

Your help would be welcome to precise what should be added in the Vert.x support. I have three things in mind at this point:
  • an additional HTTP connector based on Vert.x / Netty
  • a Vert.x edition of Restlet Framework, similar to the OSGi edition
  • register Vert.x modules in the registry