Problems about restlet URL

pangwei
hi

We have two questions when we use restlet. Could you be so kind to help
us out?

We find that in the site:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-restful/
----------------------------
One of the key characteristics of a RESTful Web service is the explicit use of HTTP methods in a way that follows the protocol as defined by RFC 2616.
----------------------------

So could you tell us :
1. Is the restlet URL encoding compatible for  RFC 2616 protocol?
so that we can tell our users the rule that the URL encoding should obey.

2. Can we use the restlet URL according to  RFC2616 protolcol?
Does restlet implement the RFC2616 protolcol fully  or partialy?
If latter, which parts are implemented and which parts are not
implemented?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2875881

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2875884

RE: Problems about restlet URL

jlouvel
Administrator
Hi Pang,

Restlet has a direct and comprehensive mapping from HTTP/1.1 (RFC 2616) to
the Restlet API, both at transport and semantics levels. See this wiki page
for details:
http://wiki.restlet.org/docs_2.1/130-restlet.html

Regarding URL encoding, the org.restlet.data.Reference class has encode(...)
and decode(...) static methods that do the work appropriately.

http://www.restlet.org
http://twitter.com/#!/jlouvel

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2876538