GWT with Restlet JSE examples

Guillaume Pelletier
Hi everyone, I've been investigating the restlet framework for several service based projects which I may inherit and I've been looking for examples of deployment outside of any Servlet Container.

I ended up here: http://restlet.org/learn/guide/2.1/editions/gwt/examples but the download link leads to nothing.

I'm wondering if it's doable. I currently have a little Guice + Restlet integration which works well enough. Everything is built through Guice modules and I start restlet with a Component class in a runner using the jetty connector. (attached)

If I wanted to do similar for a GWT deployment of a setup application (as proof of concept), could I use the same approach or would I need to modify how everything is bootstrapped?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3068495

RestletServerRunner.java (1K) Download Attachment

Re: GWT with Restlet JSE examples

Thierry Boileau-4
Hello Guillaume,

I've seen the missing file, I try to recover it (https://github.com/restlet/restlet-framework-java/issues/796).

Just a few words about GWT. There are two modes. The first is the development mode, then the runtime mode.

In runtime mode, you get simple static files (html bootstraps files, and gwt javascript code, images, css, etc) generated by GWT compilation, and a REST api based on the Restlet framework. Statics files and API can both be handled by the JSE edition of Restlet (or a servlet container).
In development mode, you have a GWT project that aims at developing the client application, using the GWT edition of Restlet. This edition is a port of the client API of Restlet for GWT (of course, there is no server available in the browser). The GWT edition is composed of the port of the core module which is sufficient, and facultative extensions (for json, and xml handling).
On the server side, there is a restlet-based application, using either the jse or jee, or gae edition.
The jse, jee, gae editions are shipped with a GWT extension: this extension gives the ability to Restlet-based APIs to communicate with a GWT-based client, using the GWT serialization/deserialization format. By doing so, your API can communicate with a GWT client application, or any other kind of client, at the time with the same resources.

2013/11/14 Guillaume Pelletier <[hidden email]>
Hi everyone, I've been investigating the restlet framework for several service based projects which I may inherit and I've been looking for examples of deployment outside of any Servlet Container.

I ended up here: http://restlet.org/learn/guide/2.1/editions/gwt/examples but the download link leads to nothing.

I'm wondering if it's doable. I currently have a little Guice + Restlet integration which works well enough. Everything is built through Guice modules and I start restlet with a Component class in a runner using the jetty connector. (attached)

If I wanted to do similar for a GWT deployment of a setup application (as proof of concept), could I use the same approach or would I need to modify how everything is bootstrapped?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3068495

RE: Re: GWT with Restlet JSE examples

Guillaume Pelletier
Thanks for the clarification I was indeed a bit confused with the layout.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3069601

sample code has been recovered, cf http://restlet.com/technical-resources/restlet-framework/guide/2.3/editions/gwt/examples

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3115229