Apache HttpClient timeouts

Tal Liron
I know that it's possible to globally configure the "socketTimeout" parameter for the HttpClientHelper. However, is it really impossible to configure a different timeout per request?

In my experimentation, whatever I set in the context for a particular ClientResource is ignored. It seems that the timeout is only initialized once.

Is this due to a limitation in Apache HttpClient?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3067933

Re: Apache HttpClient timeouts

Jerome Louvel-3
Tal,

That's correct that those parameters are mostly used on a per connector basis, and not a per request basis.

I don't think it is a limitation of Apache HTTP Client which should be able to configure these parameters on a per connection basis, but more a Restlet API limitation.

Some room for improvement for RF 3.0 maybe: