Announcing HTML newsletter and Restlet web API platform

Announcing HTML newsletter and Restlet web API platform

Jerome Louvel-3
Hi all,

Starting with the Restlet Framework 2.3 M2 and 2.2.1 versions released today, we will be announcing the new releases and security updates via an HTML newsletter. As always, we cross post the content to our blog and Twitter @restlet_org account.

Registering to Tigris.org is a real barrier for new users who often prefer to reach out on StackOverFlow or Twitter, so we think that offering this direct information channel is necessary. We are also planning to migrate from Tigris to Google Groups later this year.

To kick things off, we on-boarded existing subscribers to this mailing list and also offer a clear way to subscribe to this newsletter when downloading the framework. If needed, unsubscribing is just one click away.

We are also building some synergies between the open source Restlet Framework and the APISpark full-stack PaaS under the Restlet web API platform project at Restlet.org (see updated web site) to provide additional value to our open source community on the following fronts:
  1. API documentation (during development, once published, multiple versions)
  2. API crafting (design contract, generate server skeleton)
  3. API usage (client SDKs, self-registration, sand-boxing, forking)
  4. API management (firewall, rate limitation, usage reports)
  5. API hosting (multi-tenant, containerization, cross-region)
As always, we look forward to better serving our community and welcome any feed-back and contributions!

Re: Announcing HTML newsletter and Restlet web API platform

Jerome Louvel-3
Hi all,

For simplification purpose, this week we merged Restlet.org and Restlet.com web sites into a single Restlet.com site based on the previous Restlet.org content and design. Corporate content previously available on Restlet.com has been quietly moved to an "about us" section. Home page design was refined as well based on my previous message to better present Restlet as a comprehensive web API platform including an open source framework and a full stack PaaS.

Please update your bookmarks and Maven installs to point to maven.restlet.com instead of maven.restlet.org. Proper redirections have been put in place to make sure the transition is smooth for existing inbound links.

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Jerome Louvel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Xybrek
On Wednesday, 07 May, 2014 12:05 PM, Jerome Louvel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Starting with the Restlet Framework 2.3 M2 and 2.2.1 versions released
> today, we will be announcing the new releases and security updates via
> an *HTML newsletter*. As always, we cross post the content to our blog
> <http://blog.restlet.com/2014/05/06/restlet-framework-2-2-1-and-2-3-m2-released/> and Twitter
> @restlet_org <https://twitter.com/restlet_org/> account.
>
> Registering to Tigris.org is a real barrier for new users who often
> prefer to reach out on StackOverFlow or Twitter, so we think that
> offering this direct information channel is necessary. We are also
> planning to migrate from Tigris to Google Groups later this year.
>
> To kick things off, we on-boarded existing subscribers to this mailing
> list and also offer a clear way to subscribe to this newsletter when
> downloading the framework <http://restlet.org/download/current>. If
> needed, unsubscribing is just one click away.
>
> We are also building some synergies between the open source Restlet
> Framework and the APISpark full-stack PaaS under the *Restlet web API
> platform* project at Restlet.org (see updated web site
> <http://restlet.org>) to provide additional value to our open source
> community on the following fronts:
>
>  1. API documentation (during development, once published, multiple
>     versions)
>  2. API crafting (design contract, generate server skeleton)
>  3. API usage (client SDKs, self-registration, sand-boxing, forking)
>  4. API management (firewall, rate limitation, usage reports)
>  5. API hosting (multi-tenant, containerization, cross-region)
>
> As always, we look forward to better serving our community and welcome
> any feed-back and contributions!
>
> Thanks,
> Jerome
> --
> http://restlet.org <http://restlet.org/>
> @jlouvel <http://twitter.com/#!/jlouvel>

Yes, in fact supporting stackoverflow.com is great. Very few questions
there and fewer answers as I have searched.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3083489

Re: Announcing HTML newsletter and Restlet web API platform

Stackoverflow is pretty active for "restlet" tagged questions, see this list of newest questions:

Also, some don't have an accepted answers but do have comments and discussions.
What is your pending question?