2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

Chris Adams
Hi,

I am consistently receiving a "Connector Overload Detected" error when trying to handle multiple threads. I have spent a good deal of time trying to track down what I need to do to better handle this error and ideally prevent it in the first place. I am only using ~10 threads right now and the server still returns this error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris Adams

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2850448

RE: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

alepac
I had the same problem using 2.1-RC1. I had to restart my server application to stop receiving those messages. Is there a way to detect the overload, so in the rare case the problems appears I could automatically restart?

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2927218

RE: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

Jerome Louvel-2
Hi Alessandro,

We are aware of this issue and plan to finally fix it for 2.1 RC4, stay
tuned!

http://www.restlet.com
http://twitter.com/#!/jlouvel

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2927661

Re: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

Thierry Boileau-3
Hello all,

I would like to add that you can still keep your server running by using one of the provided server connectors such as jetty or simple.
Juste complete the classpath (don't update your code) with the extension jar and its dependencies : org.restlet.ext.<extension>.jar, and li/org.eclipse.jetty/*.jar or lib/org.simpleframework/*.jar.

Hi Alessandro,

We are aware of this issue and plan to finally fix it for 2.1 RC4, stay
tuned!

http://www.restlet.com
http://twitter.com/#!/jlouvel

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2927661

Re: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

daliasobhi
Hiii Therry,

I have the problem of "Connector Overload Detected"

You said in this post about the solution but can you illustrate more what will I do exactly.

Please reply asap,

Thanks,
Dalia Sobhy

Re: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

daliasobhi
When I added jse_rc4

Libraries:
org.restlet.jar
org.restlet.ext.jetty.jar
Folder of org.eclipse.jetty
Folder of javax.servlet

I found the following error
INFO: Unable to register the helper org.restlet.ext.jetty.AjpServerHelper
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/server/Server

So any idea how could I solve it??

Re: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

daliasobhi
Hi Therry,

It is working now but I have a problem in log4j.properties

RE: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

alepac
Hi Jerome,
I still have this kind of error with restlet RC5. Do you have any news about this?
Regards

Alessandro

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2993847

RE: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

Jerome Louvel-2
Hi Alessandro,

We have made some changes on the IO controller loop to reduce CPU usage due
to constant looping. We are planning to debug the remaining connector issues
this week before 2.1 RC6. Will keep you posted.

http://www.restlet.com
http://twitter.com/#!/jlouvel

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2993857

RE: 2.1M7 - Internal HTTP Connector - Overload Error

Amit
I am still getting the same error  with the latest stable version of Restlet  (2.1.7)
W/System.err( 1995): Connector overload detected. Stop accepting new work

And also can see  huge CPU utilization .  Please let me know when are you going to fix this.
We are in a very critical phase of the project and now facing this issue.

Could you please provide your valuable input on this?